Camping in picturesque fields only a stone’s throw away from the circuit
with quality facilities and like-minded people, what more could you want?
At Silverstone Woodlands you have the option of either lively or family camping, depending on what sort of a weekend you’re after. Either way, take full advantage of what’s on offer: short walk to the circuit, great facilities, loads of entertainment… or just relax by your pitch with a BBQ! Watch our bike specific promo video (above or on Youtube) and have read below to get a real idea of what it’s like to stay at Silverstone’s Official Campsite.
Closest Campsite to the Circuit
Your walk just got shorter! For Moto our closest field is just 150m from the actual track!
Hot Showers & Flushing Toilets
Top-notch facilities to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Quality toilets and showers with piping hot water are kept clean round the clock by our dedicated team.
Relaxing or up-tempo, it’s your choice: Live bands, family treasure hunts, late night DJs, live comedy, film screenings, displays… the list goes on!
Great Food and Drink
Order a drink at our on-site pub, enjoy a meal in our on-site Steakhouse, or choose from a variety of other delicious street-food… what ever you choose, we make sure you get quality at a sensible price.
Rated 5 stars by 77% of our Facebook Fans
Please read the following information in the drop down boxes to help you plan your stay; we’re looking forward to seeing you for a great event this summer! Don’t forget to keep scrolling down the page too… there’s more information on the masses of stuff that’s planned for 2014!
SITE OPENING HOURS
The campsite opens at 07:00 on Wednesday 27th August. Final closure will be at 12:00 on Monday 1st September.
The Entry Gates are open at the following times:
- Wednesday: 07:00 until 23:00
- Thursday: 07:00 until 23:00
- Friday: 07:00 until 23:00*
- Saturday: 07:00 until 23:00*
* Please Note: Delays may be experienced if arriving during peak hours of 8:00am – 4:00pm
We recommend that all campers arrive on Wednesday to enjoy the full build up to the 2014 MotoGP and we will have entertainment taking place on the campsite on Wednesday and this year there’s quite a bit going on inside the circuit on Thursday – click here to have a look at Silverstone’s website for more information..
From M1 leave at junction 15A
From the M1 exit at junction 15a take the A43 towards Oxford and Banbury. After the roundabout at Towcester, follow the brown tourist signs (with the chequered flag emblem). On leaving the A43 signposted for Silverstone, you will enter the dual carriageway adjacent to the circuit. The carriageway is divided into 3 lanes, position yourself in lane 2 (middle lane). You will go straight over the main entrance roundabout and then position yourself in the correct lane according to the Woodlands Campsite signage. Follow signs which describe your type of camping.
From M40 leave at junction 10
From the M40 exit at junction 10 take the A43 towards Northampton. A few miles after the town of Brackley follow the brown tourist signs (with the chequered flag emblem). On leaving the A43 signposted for Silverstone, you will enter the dual carriageway adjacent to the circuit. The carriageway is divided into 3 lanes, position yourself in lane 2 (middle lane). You will go straight over the main entrance roundabout and then position yourself in the correct lane according to the Woodlands Campsite signage. Follow signs which describe your type of camping.
We do not accept card payments at the campsite entrance. To help speed up the arrival process, please be sure to have any cash you may need to pay with at the gates with you on arrival.
- At the discretion of the campsite stewards, only small, quiet running generators will be permitted on site. All generators must be switched off by midnight.
- The facilities provided in our disabled camping area are strictly for Blue Badge holders only.
- The campsite roads must be kept clear at all times. Any vehicles blocking roads will be removed.
- Silverstone Woodlands is a NO GLASS campsite! Please decant all liquids into plastic containers before arrival.
- Please only take up the space you need.
- Do not camp under the powerlines
- Beware! DO NOT carry tall flag poles whilst walking in the proximity of the power lines!
- All campsite roads are classed as Public Roads, as such they fall under the various Road Traffic Acts which could lead to prosecutions for driving offences in the event of an incident. DO NOT drink and drive.
- Failure to comply with any of the rules and regulations or behaving in a manner which is deemed unsociable or potentially dangerous will result in you being ejected from the campsite without refund.
- Monkeybikes, Minimoto, Pit Bikes, Scooters and Quads are strictly prohibited.
- Glass – ALL glass bottles will be removed and disposed of by campsite staff on arrival!
- Gas cylinders exceeding 15kg.
- Sound systems capable of creating excessive noise.
- Campfires, firewood and fire starters are strictly forbidden.
- Restricted & illegal substances.
- Offensive weapons.
- Pet animals.
- Items that are deemed dangerous, offensive or unsuitable for the safe environment of the Campsite by Campsite Staff.
The serious bit: Silverstone Woodlands Campsite reserves the right to search any/all vehicles and/or persons on arrival. Admission will be refused to anyone carrying prohibited items, regardless of the tickets carried by the persons concerned and without refund. Silverstone Woodlands Campsite Ltd reserves the right to refuse permission of entry or re-entry to any person(s). No trading/flyering/placing of posters/stickers without prior written consent.
There’s so much on-site it’s hard to list, but we’ve given it a go! Make sure you’ve also scrolled down as there’s a more detailed section about what’s on offer for those coming to Silverstone for camping.
- Luxury Pre-erected camping (Glamping) – Stylish camping with all your home comforts in our fully furnished bell tents! Find out more by clicking this Luxury and Pre-erected (glamping) link.
- Cash Machines
- Campsite Convenience Store & Trade Mall
- Complimentary Campsite Shuttle Service
- Disabled Camping area with full facilities for disabled customers in close proximity to the circuit.
- Cassettes can be emptied at Chemical Toilet Disposal Points
- Mobile Phone charging facility
- Hair Dryer cabin
Please Note: This map and the locations indicated on it are subject to change. If you wish to print a map for your reference we suggest doing so just prior to leaving for the site as then you’ll have the most up to date version!
CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAP IN PDF FORMAT - do this if you're going to print or want more detail!
If queuing for a shower becomes a problem, or takes too much time, we may operate a shower token system.
More information will be given on-site but, basically, you’ll need to collect a shower token from just outside the shower blocks and pop it into the token machine near the shower to get hot water.
In this way, everyone gets the same time in the shower.
Please Note: All information subject to change. If you have a specific question, please look at our Silverstone Woodlands’ Contact Us Information Page for details of how to contact us.
More about what’s planned on the Campsite for Moto GP 2014…
After the huge success of comedy on the campsite last year, we’ll again pull back on the throttle to deliver a stellar line up: the show will feature 4 top comedians delivering 2 hours of entertainment.
Headlining the show is Patrick Monahan, who appeared on ITV’s ‘Splash’ TV show, donning a pair of Speedos & with no knowledge of diving he jumped off a 10m board and did 1.5 somersaults into the homes of Britain on a Saturday night. Also seen on ITV’s ‘Fake Reaction’ panel show, BBC’s ‘Let’s dance’ and was the winner of ITVs ‘Show me the Funny’ and Fox TV’s ‘Man Up’.
‘The Petrol Head’ serves all that you would expect from your on-site local, from ice cold lager to a selection of real ales served straight from the barrel.
Everyone loves coming to the local for drinks and live music, plus it’s already got a few stories to tell – including two marriage proposals!
There’s loads for families to do at Silverstone Woodlands: family treasure hunt, gaming stands with Radio Controlled cars, ping-pong tables… and let’s face it, camping as a family is almost fun enough!
We have a fleet of Campsite Shuttles that run through out the Campsite helping campers get about. Shuttles are either tractors pulling personnel trailers (as pictured) or our big green bus.
Typically shuttles run from Friday – Sunday, 7am – 7pm, but please check information on-site as times may vary.
Family Sports Zone
Fancy a game? Then head over to the brand new Family Sports Zone as there’ll be loads to do! From five a side football, volleyball, badminton, table tennis, giant jenga, kids garden games and more, just pop into the family info point and hire whatever you need to play. For those who’d prefer to relax, there’ll be food traders and picnic benches nearby so you can cheer on your kids from the side lines.
Music every night
Big Me headline the Big Top on Saturday night and will be supported by a host of other bands. There’s music on every night and there’s something for everyone, from chilled out acoustic guitarists in The Petrol Head Pub to up-tempo DJs in the Big Top.
Film & TV Screenings
We’ve got big screens and will be showing a selection of films, race highlights and live sport. In 2013 we screened ‘Fastest’ (the Moto GP documentary) and Guy Martin’s ‘Closer to the Edge'; what better way to enjoy your weekend than with fellow bikers and, possibly, some bevies!
Food glorious food!
As well as delicious food stalls, for the second year running Frank’s Steakhouse will be serving sit-down steaks cooked to order and in the morning, fresh English Breakfasts served with real crockery and a smile!
Ping Pong Tables
Who doesn’t like ping pong!?
We’ve been busy over the winter casting our own concrete ping pong tables – all you need to bring is your best game, some bats and some balls. If you forget, just pop over to the shop or info-points where they have some. There’ll be a few in the Family areas and a few in the Lively Areas.
There’ll be free wifi in the main entertainment village; no excuse not to upload a Silverstone Selfie and make your friends jealous now!
All you’ll need to do is select the network and then put in your email address, from then on it’s free to browse. The connection in the lively zone runs from a fibre connection so it’ll be like browsing at home! As with all technology there can be problems, so if it isn’t working ask a member of staff to help… it might be your technology… it might be ours!
Craft Beer Village
The Craft Beer Village is coming to Silverstone Woodlands!
Breweries from around the world will be showcasing their beers in amazing themed venues. Brooklyn Brewery, Erdinger amongst others are going to be there and will be bringing some amazing artists to the second stage. If you like things a little different from the norm, then head here… it’s going to be one of the hip’est places on the campsite… if that wasn’t enough there’ll be some beautiful food just opposite!
Don’t worry if Craft Beer isn’t your thing, there’s lots of variety at the campsite’s other venues; from real ale in the campsite’s pub (The Petrol Head) to bubbly in the Champagne Bar.
The Campsite Shop sells all your essentials: milk, bread, sausages, papers, cigarettes etc and as Moto GP is a large event, the shop will be stocked with loads more. Located next to the on-site pub, access is easy.
We’ll have a variety of trade stands tempting you with a bargain: official merchandise, sunglasses, a Petrol Head T-shirt, Moto GP inspired artworks… plus much more!
Fun Fair Rides
This year we’re going to have a few carefully selected fun fair rides for you to enjoy; child or adult who doesn’t like playing!
In the main entertainment zone there’ll be Dodgems, Reverse Bungee and some side stalls. In the family we there’ll be a helter-skelter to play on too.
Buy your race and camping tickets atwww.silverstone.co.uk
£ 60per Adult
- Choose from: family, lively or disabled areas
- Hot showers & flushing toilets
- Access to all entertainment on site
- Close to the circuit
- Arrive from Wednesday morning
£ 15per Child
- Camping with Adults in Family, Lively or Disabled Areas
- Child focused entertainment: radio controlled cars, treasure hunts & more!
- Arrive from Wednesday morning
£ 60per pitch
- Available in Family, Lively or Disabled Camping
- 7m x 8m
- Standard Cee Form connection
£ 80per pitch
- Available in Lively Camping
- 6m x 12m
- Standard Cee Form connection
All information correct at time of publishing, please check facebook or on-site for latest details